- Saturday August 16th – Dolphins Stadium
- Game (123): Marlins 2 – Cubs 1
- Record (75-48) – 1st place NL Central
The skinny: Took in the Chicago Air & Water Show this afternoon.
Fighter jets roared above the downtown skyline while water crafts skipped along Lake Michigan’s coast.
Each time the Blue Angles buzzed North Avenue I got goose bumps!
Meanwhile, the Cubs played another typical game against the Marlins, losing 2-1.
Granted Lou rested some regulars (D. Lee, Aramis and Soto), eight hits, seven walks and 13 left on base should get the job done.
So, no goose bumps from the Cubbies.
Not a bad outing from Sean Marshall, although you’d love to see this guy last into the sixth for a change.
Obviously it’s a bummer the nine-game road winning streak comes to an end, but who ever thought the Cubs would string this many together away from Wrigley to begin with?
A win tomorrow on get-away-day and the Cubs take the series and finish the road trip 5-1, not too shabby.
W – Sanchez (2-2) – Gregg (27)
L – Marshall (2-3)
- Notes: Today’s loss marks the end of Chicago’s nine-game road winning streak.
- The Cubs averaged 8.4 runs per game over the nine-game stretch while batting (.311 avg.).
- This was Marshall’s first start since July 6th.
- Derek Lee went 1-for-2 in collecting his 1,500th career hit.