Hard to believe the Cubs scored just five runs on 17 hits.
Since July 1 the Cubs were 14-0 when collecting 10 or more hits, but that undefeated streak is history.
Wouldn’t expect Lou to get suspended for his tantrum…he had every right to go bananas.
For certain, the bad call cost the Cubs a run, but it did give us a classic Lou explosion! Loved it too!
It’s almost unimaginable Wells could give up five earned after winning eight of his last nine outings. That’s the Rocky Mountain high for you.
Why are the Cubs pitching to Todd Helton? The man has killed them this weekend, including his 3-for-4 showing Sunday.
Glad to hear Samardzija will fill Zambrano’s hole in the rotation. I’ve said all along he’d make for a better starter than reliever.
With the opportunity to start available, and needed, I think it’s the smart move.
- The Cubs (58-51) are in second place.
- W: Hammel (7-6) L: Wells (8-5)
- Since the break Chicago is 15-8.
- This was the lone day contest during the 10-gameroad trip.
- Cubs trail St. Louis by two games, same holds true for the Wild Card.
- Cincinnati traded David Weather to Milwaukee for a PNL.