Riddle me this Cubs fans. Which will go first, Milton Bradley or Ryan Demspter’s 13-room mansion in Lakeview (Wrigleyville)?
The pitcher’s pad is on the block for $2.25 million, which is just a touch out of my price range…only by about $2 million or so, but check out the place anyway:
- 5,300-square-foot brick and limestone residence
- 4 1/2 baths
- Four fireplaces
- Master suite with a spa bath
- Brazilian cherry hardwood floors
- Large gourmet kitchen with a butler’s pantry and breakfast nook
- Party room on the top floor
- Lower-level media room
- Wine cellar
- And outside on the 3,000-square-foot property are two cedar decks, a hot tub and a 2 1/2 -car garage.
Oooo la la!
Not to panic, Dempster isn’t heading out of Chicago. He still owns two other homes in Lakeview. Must be nice, eh?
–No question money is holding up a Bradley deal. What else could it be?
But Hendry needs to get this thing done soon or he’ll certainly miss out on possibly signing guys like Mike Cameron, Orlando Hudson and Matt Capps. Hendry gets one more day or I’m submitting his mug shot to this site.
–Think about this…Philly is so strong they’re trading away Cliff Lee for Roy Halladay. That’s big time, people! Meanwhile, the Cubs are still cleaning the egg of its face from the Winter Meetings. Not good.